Feeling overwhelmed by email? In this episode, I share some of my best tips and practices for taming the email monster — strategies I’ve learned from processing millions of emails and messages over the years (I get hundreds of emails/messages every day, so I’ve had to learn to be efficient!)
In addition to talking about email, Jesse and I chat about Kathrynne’s new job, I share a really personal email that encouraged me (shared with permission!), we talk about two books we’re reading/listening to, and Jesse gives us an update on his whitewater rafting trip.
This episode was a little longer than usual, but I hope you enjoy us taking a little bit more time to share some life updates and things we’re learning and reading and thinking about.
In This Episode:
[0:32] – Today’s topic is all about email and how to stay on top of it.
[2:10] – Kathrynne just started a new job!
[4:57] – I share an email that I received about my book Love-Centered Parenting.
[7:45] – Lean in and love your kids, and be grateful when they want to include you!
[9:03] – I just recently finished reading The Woman with the Blue Star by Pam Jenoff.
[11:59] – Jesse recently finished reading Andrew Huff’s novel Right Cross.
[14:53] – Find out what has been saving my life recently.
[17:44] – Jesse talks about his recent trip.
[19:35] – Kathrynne recently went on a retreat for school which was coincidentally the same camp where Jesse stayed for youth group camp!
[23:11] – Jesse’s strategy for emails is a bit different than mine!
[25:30] – Unsubscribe ruthlessly!
[26:53] – Delete liberally (and use that archive button in GMail!)
[29:42] – Filter fanatically.
[32:56] – Deal with emails immediately!
[35:57] – A simple step-by-step plan for getting your email inbox organized once and for all.
Links and Resources:
- Completely Honest Experience with Impress Nails
- How I Prep Lettuce for a Week of Salads
- The Woman with the Blue Star by Pam Jenoff
- Right Cross by Andrew Huff
- Love-Centered Parenting
- 10 Days to Be a Happier Mom
- Sign up for the Hot Deals Email List
- My Instagram account (I’d love for you to follow me there! I usually hop on at least a few times per day and share behind-the-scenes photos and videos, my grocery store hauls, funny stories, or just anything I’m pondering or would like your advice or feedback on!)
- Have feedback on the show or suggestions for future episodes or topics? Send me an email: email@example.com
How to Listen to The Crystal Paine Show
The podcast is available on iTunes, Android, Stitcher, and Spotify. You can listen online through the direct player here. OR, a much easier way to listen is by subscribing to the podcast through a free podcast app on your phone. (Find instructions for how to subscribe to a podcast here.)
Ready to dive in and listen? Hit the player above or search for “The Crystal Paine Show” on your favorite podcast app.